Hi everyone,

I first came across artificial selection at a young age through my love of dogs and my constant questions on why that puppy had spots, or long hair, or how come it was a guide dog etc. In highschool I was introduced to genetic inheritance along with evolution which sparked my interest in science, in particular Zoology, Ecology & Conservation. Now here I am as an undergrad and I hope to introduce you to the topic I find most riveting: Domestication. I shall endeavor to cover all areas, from agriculture and livestock species selected for human benefit to species bred purely for aesthetic enjoyment such as ornamental plants and pets, along with any scientific processes or ethical debates that arise along the way.

enjoy!

‘Domestication is an evolutionary process of species divergence in which morphological and physiological changes result from the cultivation/tending of plant or animal species by a mutualistic partner, most prominently humans.’ (Purugganan & Fuller, 2010)

Saturday 8 March 2014

WELCOME



Hi everyone,
I first came across artificial selection at a young age through my love of dogs and my constant  questions on why that puppy had spots, or long hair, or how come it was a guide dog etc.
In highschool I was introduced to genetic inheritance along with evolution which sparked my interest in science, in particular Zoology, Ecology & Conservation. Now here I am as an undergrad and I hope to introduce you to the topic I find most riveting: Domestication. 
I shall endeavor to cover all areas, from agriculture and livestock species selected for human benefit to species bred purely for aesthetic enjoyment such as ornamental plants and pets, along with any scientific processes or ethical debates that arise along the way. 
enjoy!

  ‘Domestication is an evolutionary process of species divergence in which morphological and physiological changes result from the cultivation/tending of plant or animal species by a mutualistic partner, most prominently humans.’ (Purugganan & Fuller, 2010)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment